Thursday, January 8, 2009

Photographer Feature: Amber Holritz for Corey McNabb Photography




We recently got the great opportunity to get to know Amber Holritz with Corey McNabb photography better.  Be sure to check out her work at her website - www.coreymcnabb.com/amber.  Thanks Amber!

How do you describe your style?  
I'm real life.  I look for the humor and the beauty in every situation.
I'm relational.  I want to see love and feel love in every image that I take.
I'm classic.  I avoid the fads that will date your wedding images, and instead focus on classic [often black and white] imagery that will still feel current in 20 years.
How long have you been a photographer? 
I first started photographing professionally about 7 years ago.  I've been in love with the art of photography since I was about 13 and was given my first camera.
How did you get started?
Like I said above, I've loved photography forever.  When my husband and I married, we didn't have the greatest photography experience...email me sometime, and I'll tell you that story :)  We bought ourselves a "real camera" and have never looked back.
What inspires you to keep doing what you do?
People! I am relationally driven, so for me, the opportunity to make wonderful new friends at every event is SO inspiring.  It's important to me that I have the opportunity to memoralize these special moments for people that I care about.
If you could give couples one piece of advice on picking a photographer, what would it be?
Connect with your photographer.  Whether it be through their blog, email communication, on in-person meetings, try to get a feel for if you and your photographer mesh on a personal level.  In my opinion, it makes a world of difference in the end product.  A good photographer will make you feel comfortable and at ease, which is exactly how you want to feel around the person who will be shadowing you closely on your wedding day.
If you could photograph anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Japan.  I made a trip to Japan several years back, but I've learned so much about photography since then that I would love to return with fresh eyes.  The culture there is so amazing.  I'd love the opportunity to truly explore it photographically.  Plus, it's where my husband grew up, so it would be awesome to take a trip there with him.

1 comment:

Jill McNabb said...

Amber is undoubtedly one of the best photographers in the business and is an absolutely wonderful person. I love seeing her work and hearing her brides and grooms rave about her!